How many newsgroup subscribers does it take
to change a lightbulb?
- How many internet newsgroup subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?
- 1,331 !!
- 1 to successfully change the light bulb and to post to the newsgroup that the light bulb has been changed.
- 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
- 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
- 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
- 53 to flame the spell checkers.
- 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".
- 6 to condemn those 6 as puerile.
- 156 to write to the newsgroup moderator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this newsgroup.
- 41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
- 109 to post that this newsgroup is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb.
- 203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.
- 111 to defend the posting to this newsgroup saying that we are all use lightbulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this newsgroup.
- 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
- 27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
- 14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.
- 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this newsgroup which makes light bulbs relevant to this newsgroup.
- 33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."
- 12 to post to the newsgroup that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
- 19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
- 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
- 44 to ask "What is a FAQ?"
- 4 to say "Isn't there always a FAQ on Usenet?"
- 43 to ask "What's a Usenet?"
- 41 to propose a new newsgroup alt.change.lite.bulb.
- 47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for, send it there.