- Kilmarnock fans to the Rangers keeper after he had been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia
- Two Andy Gorams, there's only two Andy Gorams
- Chris Turner, Peterborough manager, before LC QF,
- I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones.
- George Best
- I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
- Bryan Robson, Man Utd, 1990
- If we played like that every week we wouldn't be so inconsistent.
- John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
- That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on.
- Andy Gray, Sky Sport
- I was saying the other day, how often the most vulnerable area for goalies is between their legs.
- Richard Keys:
- Well Roy, do you think that you'll have to finish above Manchester United to win the league?
- Roy Evans: You have to finish above everyone to win the league, Richard
- Radio 5 Live
- It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the score on Saturday.
- Newcastle United Fan, Radio 5 Live
- Football today, it's like a game of chess. It's all about money.
- Alan Ball
- I'm not a believer in luck but I do believe you need it.
- Trevor Brooking
- Merseyside derbies usually last 90 minutes and I'm sure today's won't be any different.
- Tom Ferrie
- Dumbarton player Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead
- Dave Bassett
- And I honestly believe we can go all the way to Wembley unless somebody knocks us out.
- Peter Jones
- And Arsenal now have plenty of time to dictate the last few seconds.
- Jimmy Hill
- What makes this game so delightful is that when both teams get the ball they are attacking their opponents goal.
- Brian Moore
- Newcastle, of course, unbeaten in their last five wins.
- David Ackfield
- Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer.
- Gerry Francis
- What I said to them at half time would be unprintable on the radio.
- Mick Lyons
- If there weren't such a thing as football, we'd all be frustrated footballers.
- Derek Johnstone, BBC TV Scotland, 1994
- He's one of those footballers whose brains are in his head.
- Stuart Pearce, 1992
- I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.
- Jimmy Hill:
- Don't sit on the fence Terry, what chance do you think Germany has got of getting through?
- Terry Venables: I think it's fifty-fifty
- Ron Atkinson lauds Gordon Strachan, 39
- There's nobody fitter at his age, except maybe Raquel Welch
- Berti Vogts, Germany coach
- If I walked on water, my accusers would say it is because I can't swim.
- Arrigo Sacchi, Italy coach, defending a meagre playing record
- You don't have to have been a horse to be a jockey.
- Dean Holdsworth, Wimbledon
- The only way we will be going to Europe is if the club splash out and take us all to Eurodisney.
- Wendy Toms, the first female referee to officiate in a professional game
- If the players want to make it hard for me, I am happy to make it twice as hard for them.
- Ray Wilkins on the QPR-Wasps groundshare
- I think having Wasps around here as well gives us that little buzz around the place.
- Ian Wright on the Arsenal captain's confession to alcoholism
- It took a lot of bottle for Tony to own up.